We have one year to lead and having a road map is integral in ensuring that we make the most of each year. If elected, I plan to appoint a committee chair and committee members to lead in creating a 5 year strategic plan for JCI MI. I believe that having a dedicated chair will ensure that the time and attention needed for such an important initiative is able to be directed into those efforts.
Some areas I believe our Strategic Plan needs to address:
- Member activation and retention – once we get members to join how do we engage them and keep them renewing their membership?
- Member recruitment – we need to continue bringing new members in to help us grow not only in our membership numbers but with ideas, skills, and thoughts as well.
- Leadership Development – how will we deliver on building leaders in the organization? What opportunities are available to members?
- What potential partners can we identify and how can we work together to realize our mission and vision?
- How will JCI MI follow the 5 pillars of Impact, Motivate, Invest, Collaborate, Connect?